Thursday, July 2, 2020

July

 The 2nd page of my art journal depicts another aspect of what is happening in our country as we approach the celebration of our country's Independence Day.  Covid ~19 and the racial unrest needs to be addressed.  I am only making notes for future reference...right or wrong.  

The Fourth of July when I was a child was a big day for our family.  There was a large parade in Greeley CO and my dad made sure that we always got to see it.  Then we would trek to my Aunt Dora's who was dad's older sister and she had hosted dinner every 4th as long as I can remember.  Other family gathered there too and then there were fireworks later that night where we watched from a hill in the family car.  My dad loved fireworks and we had sparklers and firecrackers and lots of fun.  This fourth will be quiet as most fireworks celebrations have been cancelled due to the pandemic.

Below you can see that the Mr. is staying busy getting the railing ready for the deck.  The posts have now been fitted and painted, but because today is cloudy and misty, what was planned for this installation has been put on hold.  
It is sad to see our nation in such a state now, but we are blessed to have our health and for us, life will go on.  2020 so far has been difficult for so many and I fear it is not over and we may not return to the normal as we know it. 

No comments: