Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Cats and Chickens

 We have had a couple of rainy days, the first in a long time, but the smoke is gone and we have so enjoyed those kittens.  I guess they are still kittens, as they are about 5 months old.  Bogey is so much bigger than Birdie and is growing fast.  They have voracious appetites.  I miss my little Coalette, but Bogey has such a similar personality and except for the little bit of white that she had, he looks so much like her.  Both are short haired though.  Birdie does not like to cuddle and she shows so many hunting qualities in addition to wanting to be outside.  She cannot ever be out though as that is the agreement we made and I don't want anything to happen to her.  We see lots of cats here and know that everyone protects them, but still?

They will sleep together and she is grooming him above, and below, she is helping me to paint these small birdhouses which I about ready to post in my next blog.  

I walked this morning with my neighbor, Vida and she had pictures of the "Chicken Gathering Aprons".  She has made a few, working on one also for her 3 year old grand daughter. 
This is a picture I took a few days ago when she brought one over for me to see.  They are turning out so cute. How I remember trying to gather eggs with my sister, Joan.  Those darn chickens loved to peck you when you tried to move them and get the eggs.  Joan would always keep the chickens away while I gathered the eggs, but how much fun would it have been to have one of these aprons with the individual pockets for each egg.  

"The chicken may cross the road, but nobody crosses the chicken." ~ ?

No comments: