Sunday, March 16, 2008

Chalk up!

This weekend was spent at a state pool tournament in Casper.  These tournaments can be grueling for both participants and spectators.  The Mr's team played the first three matches Friday and Saturday winning all three.  That qualified them for the finals and in a 64 team bracket, 16 went to the finals in his division.  The last match Saturday finished up at about 2:00 a.m. on Sunday (today) and they started playing again at 8:00 a.m.  Unfortunately, they were put out but tied for 5th/6th place and did get into a little payback money, but not the calcutta money.  We woke up to snow again this morning and March is typically our worst month for snow, so we booked it for home and our pantry is stocked.  I did however buy some blueberry plants.  Optimistic I guess and I am not sure how I will manage to keep them alive until I can get them in the ground.  

Tomorrow our painting group will embark on the birdhouse below.  Eventually, all sides will be painted, but we will be applying a crackle treatment and basecoating, and getting the front done first.  Not a long post today, but it seems like I have a difficult time getting all that I want posted.  


"Gardens are the result of a collaboration between art and nature."--Penelope Hobhouse

Happy St. Paddy's day from another Irishman!

No comments: