Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sink and Pool


As promised, this is the sink with some of the hardware in.  I have since coppered the mirror trim which in this image is antique gold and the sink is actually functioning.

These 3 examples of tiles glazed with a copper, coal and a gold glaze came out of the kiln with such beautiful success.  I am not telling which we have decided to use, but will post finished pictures when that step happens.
Now I have to glaze all of the previously fired bisque tiles.  Exciting isn't it?  Well it is for me. 

We are involved this weekend with a pool tournament here in our little town.  Even the 4th ranked player in the nation is here for demonstrations and they are using the Mr's personal pool table at the events center.  This is the one he purchased and we trekked to Colorado for.  Luckily he didn't get sick.  Colorado is my home state and he thinks that every time he crosses the state line he will get sick. He played last night and lost at the hill game in a race to 5 so he played 9 games in one match.  After spending a week with two others re-covering all 17 tables, lifting slates, replacing side rails, etc., he was really tired before his match began.  He is down there again this a.m. working and will play another match later this morning I think.  Sometimes I think there are 3 in this marriage-him, pool, and me.  As for me, I have been doing the spring house cleaning so the reason for no posts is that I have been scrubbing.  My poor arthritic wrists are suffering too!! Almost finished though after a week.  I have a garden club luncheon this week and a list a mile long.  I am a list maker, but it is the only way I can stay organized, and I get much satisfaction from crossing things off the list. Crazy, I know!  We had another snow storm this week and so many accidents on the interstate and state alternative that both highways were closed in the afternoon on Thursday.  I am going to order a bunch of Dahlias and I am sure that will bring warm weather our way.

    "A flower touches everyone's heart." - Georgia O'Keefe 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're Mister sounds like a super guy! Wish I could find one like him.

Lonely Pool shooter