Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Floors and more

First things first. These two pictures show my pretty new floor in my kitchen and dining room. In previous posts, I showed the horrible parquet and the difficulty in removing the ugly stuff. The Mr. spent days removing it and several days installing this oak laminate. It is wonderful! Even Hojo approves! We spent the weekend here with guests from Sinclair. Not only were they guests, but they are very dear friends. It was the Mr's birthday and as he ages, he has self diagnosed himself with CRS (can't remember shit). After assuring our friends that this past weekend would be a great time to visit, he remembered that he had a team pool tournament. This started Friday evening and lasted until Sunday. His poor buddy got stuck here at the house with the dogs and the cat and the TV for company while the birthday boy played pool. Of course my friend, and the kid and I had a great time with the flea markets and the shopping and the eating. This dear friend also brought me a bed coverlet and skirt that didn't work for her and I put it on my bed and it is perfect. Thanks Bonnzerelli! I also scored a cabinet at a shop here which is from the 30's I would guess. It is a smaller version of a Hoosier...in that it has a metal top, 5 drawers, 3 of which are metal lined bins and it sits on legs with wooden wheels. Pictures to follow in a later post. Later this week I am expecting a visit from another very special friend....a buddy of about 38 years and we have been unable to get together since I moved. I can hardly wait!! The Mr. and I have been blessed with such good friends! By the way, his pool team took 2nd place and the prize money wasn't too shabby either. With a new year ahead, we always wonder what it will bring. Changes for all of us ahead I am sure, but the constant in our lives in spite of our moves and other unforeseen events, is our friendships we have developed over the years. Even as time passes and those dear friends find it necessary to move on, we have managed to stay in touch and cherish the memories. Each new day is a new adventure..don't sweat the small stuff...(a reminder from Brian)...don't make promises you can't keep...(advice from my dad).

No comments: