Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Frosty weather and cozy quilts

We have had a couple of really frosty days and nights here in our part of the state. Now the wind is blowing so that will complicate traveling for those who are on the highways and byways. I couldn't resist snapping this picture of or long needle pine whose branches are encrusted with frost. Everything was just so pretty! I also finished this quilt which is a reproduction of a 1930's vintage sampler. So as the weather outside continues to be sub-zero, I can curl up in this quilt. I still haven't figured out how these pictures get posted so my text doesn't always quite appear as I would like it. I got a couple of comments on my kitchen 30's cabinet color from a couple of people whose opinion I really respect and both felt that it should be painted a cream color so I will put that on my "to do's" list. Erica, this quilt is the one we discussed when I visited you last. All fabrics were from my scrap stash which would have been as the original quilter would have done. I am not fond of pinks, but they used what they had as did I. Even though we have had some beasty weather, it is so nice to be able to go out for something we need rather than try to wait for good weather and open roads. The streets here are plowed so we don't have to worry about being able to do something. We took the dogs to a new vet today for their shots so we can board them and it was such a nice clinic. Of course, the beagle needs to have her teeth cleaned and a spot removed from outside her right eye. I have started two more quilts which will involve some handwork and I love having something to do in the evenings when I am watching TV. Will post pics next time. I am back at updating my recipes on the computer also and this weather inspires me to bake. I made Banana bread...Amy Grant's grandmothers, and kraut burgers tonite, and a new biscuit recipe a couple of days ago. All of the bread recipes need to go in the computer as they were all yummy. (Did I say I like bread?) That's my weakness....we were raised on lots of it with fresh butter. I spent all day Saturday with my good friend Sal here in Cheyenne and we found an antique shop, mostly primitives which I had not discovered before....3 floors Bonzerelli, so when you come again guess where we go first. We are in for a few more days of this cold blizzardy weather, but our larder is full and our home is warm and cozy!!!

No comments: