Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The promise

As you can see, the Mr cut a hole in my table and put in a piece of plywood for support. This allows me to put my machine level with the table surface
which in turn makes it so much easier to work on a quilt. Being short on one end (me, not the table), it also is much easier on my arms and shoulders. The contraption below the machine is a knee lift which makes lifting the presser foot possible without taking my hands off the quilt. Janome has become a very popular machine and models are available for all skill levels. I am not endorsing the product exactly, but this little baby will sew 1600 stitches a minute and is a work horse for sure. However, it is a straight stitch only machine, so my little Singer is still a necessity. Because it is a professional model, it will also stitch through leather, at least garment leather and as you can see, it has a wide space between the needle and right side which allows a larger amount of fabric to pass through. I love it!

We have a new president! If you listened to his speech, and listened to both the left wing and right wing critics, there was a huge differences of opinion as to the delivery of the speech. Determine for yourself. Did it have spectacular content or was it a disappointment?

I am a list maker. For as long as I can remember, I have been a list maker. Lack of self-discipline and being forced to be a multi-tasker as most women, who are mothers, wives, coaches, chauffeurs, members of the work force, etc., it was the only way I could get anything accomplished. In fact, I think I was a list maker from the time I was a teen. For some reason, it gives me great pleasure to be able to cross an item of a list. Sometimes I have several lists going on at any one time. Not only do I make lists for myself, I make lists for the Mr. (He is even more undisciplined than I.) For us, it works! With the new year upon us, we have already crossed things off the new lists! Yeah!!

Yesterday, we headed out the door with the dogs for a trip to the big home improvement store and the Mr. noticed a nail protruding a couple of inches out of the passenger rear tire of the truck. So, he jacked up the truck while the tire was still inflated, and pulled out the nail. From that puncture air immediately began to escape. We went on our errand in the little HHR and this a.m. woke up to another flat tire on the other side. What are those odds? Both tires are back on the truck but the repairs, just small punctures, cost more than I used to pay for new tires for my old '66 VW bug.

We have these two dogs. They stay in the basement at night because one of them now piddles at night. We put down a puddle pad and it gets used so there isn't a big mess to clean up, but we haven't been able to determine which dog is the culprit. We tried separating them and they somehow managed to switch places. Tonite, we found a puddle and when the Mr. brought it to the attention of the dogs, they both had guilt written on their faces. The beagle came running into the office, hid immediately under my computer desk and hid her face. She wouldn't even look at us! (We could hardly contain our laughter.) It is funny but it is not. She is an old dog and the other skinny bitch, bless her heart, doesn't have room for a very big bladder so it is still a mystery. As I age, I have learned to have lots of compassion for the elderly and that includes the canine old ladies too!

"Old age ain't no place for sissies." ~ Bette Davis

No comments: