Sunday, August 9, 2009

Off again!

Remains of an old cabin near North Spring Creek Lake, which we always trek into on our adventures while camping.

We had dear friends from Arizona visit us this week. They were here for a few days and we bid them goodbye this morning. On Friday, nearly 40 ex-employees of my old school district met at Snowy Mountain Lodge in the "Snowy Mountain Range" between Centennial and Saratoga for lunch. I do know that some of those there are still employed, but most are retired. What a wonderful afternoon and the Lodge staff members were most accommodating. In addition, the gals responsible for the gathering of people from around the state and outside the state need a big hand also. It was quite an undertaking!!

Tomorrow I am off for another "marvelous adventure", as the Mr. calls our trips. My friend, Pat from Colorado and my other two friends from Rawlins will meet at Elk Mountain and trek to a cabin, (house), (I haven't yet been there) near there to spend until Wed painting...not house painting. We are painting a scene on graduated flower pots which will be miniature lighthouses with solar lights on top. We have done this before, but these will be a little different. The countryside there is in the mountains and we are all looking forward to this get-away. The Elk Mt. Hotel also has a wonderful restaurant and that will be a treat indeed! Just a chic weekend and I will blog about it when I get back!!

"Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you got." Garth Brooks

No comments: