Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summer?

Where is it going? Summer!!! Where was I when it happened? We went camping this past week for 4 nights and three glorious days in our ol' favorite camping spot with our ol' favorite friends. I do have pictures, but haven't had time to download and sort out. One of the things we did was hide a new geocache. We haven't had time to do many of those of late. Weather cooperated and the mosquitoes weren't bad, but the flies..I must be bait for them as I got so many bites and the little suckers didn't bother anyone else. S'mores by the fire...actually Girl Scout cookies and marshmallows, a little wine at night, a little cold beer in the shade, lots of good food and fresh fruit. Mike brought us grapes from his vines and we finally were able to finish them as snacks...yummy!! We watched the hummingbirds and their antics at the two feeders I filled. They are ornery little birds and selfish at the feeders. They are so funny to watch and so noisy when they dive bomb. All three days were pretty and we were able to take several nature walks. The Mr. didn't do any gold panning, and although we are in an area a few miles from the main road, it was a fairly busy spot so we may be scouting for another place to camp. The dogs got lots of exercise and loved snooping and romping. Spencer was a great little camper. We are expecting friends from Arizona tomorrow through Sunday, the fair is going on here and on Friday, I plan to meet with old school district co-workers for lunch in Centennial, and I think there is a quilt show on Saturday. On Monday, my buddy from Co and I will travel to Elk Mt. and be guests of my friend, Barb for a chic break for 3 days where we plan to paint and relax and eat of course. Where has my summer gone? I don't know but it has been a great one!! One of the best ever.

"Give a man a fish ad he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him for the whole weekend." ~ Zenna Schaffer

No comments: