Thursday, June 23, 2011

Catch up

The "pancake" quilt is finished and is folded here on the foot of my bed so actually, it is twin size probably. When I ran out of background fabric, I declared it "done".

We have begun our kitchen remodel project. It will be slow as there are so many other things to do in the summer. There are also those unexpected delays. Our first was today when the Mr. mowed the back 40, but in the process, chopped up not only the drip line, but also severed the inter net cable. It was installed when the weather was ugly and the cable company has not come to bury it. This will be only the first of many setbacks. Then there is the necessity of taking time off for a little fun. After all, we are retired and need to play a little. I plan a garden tour for the weekend and Independence day is next weekend and the Mr. got a new snazzy pool cue which needs to be put to test, right?

I am trying to get all of my craft projects ready for my August retreat with the "gals". Today, I started on the birdhouses and yesterday I cut out pickets with the scroll saw for the teapot birdhouses. I also got paving stones and started another backyard walk and I am working on a shelf from which to hang my flannel board for quilting. The Mr. couldn't resist taking a snapshot of the furkids snoozin' on a lazy summer afternoon. The little guys don't shed, but Hildy does a couple of times a year and so we have leather furniture!

No comments: