Thursday, June 30, 2011

Another renovation

Three pictures of our continuous upgrade. The Mr. removed the large cabinet from this area and replaced it with a smaller, shorter cabinet which was previously at home above the fridge across the room. Then he removed the base cabinet. "Oh sure, I can do that." The Mr. can do anything. However, none of our easy projects are in fact, easy. When he removed the cabinet, it was apparent by the 1/2 inch gap in the wall between the cabinet to the right and its back which was securely screwed to the wall, that the cabinets had actually fallen away from the wall. The base cabinet which was removed, also revealed the same problem. So with clamps, screws, shims and much labor, this part of the reno is done. The fridge now sits in its new home under this smaller wall cabinet. More pictures to follow. The purpose for this renovation is to open up the kitchen to the dining area and to add a small breakfast bar. Although I love, love, my kitchen in general, I cannot see or talk (and that talking is important to our family) to anyone sitting at the table while I am in the kitchen. Call us crazy for embarking on yet another project, but my counter tops are in bad shape and the sink needs to be replaced so as we pride ourselves on what we can do and the money we can save, we are realizing that the old bodies cannot take too much more of this! (Especially the joints and muscles). The brains say yes and the body says NO! I know that the end product will be beautiful as the Mr. is a perfectionist in his endeavors.

On another quick note-my garden is looking great and I will eventually follow up on that. I woke up this morning to the most beautiful red sun. "Red sun in the morning, sailors warning."

Have a safe and fun Independence day!

No comments: