Sunday, June 5, 2011

This and that



Nothing in particular today to share ....just a few little tidbits. With the weather in the mid 80's this weekend and no rain, we were finally able to work out in the yard a little. I began dragging all of my garden junk out into the appropriate spaces. To me it is like arranging furniture. Each year things go in a different place depending on how the gardens are looking. The columbine are blooming and the purple one, which is really called a blue columbine was a gift from a dear friend several years ago. I couldn't bear to leave it behind when we moved so I dug it up. There were two originally and now I have four. With a little breeze blowing, the yellow and coral one (a little blurry) was one of two given to me by my next door neighbor last fall and both of them are blooming!

Because I have been able to get outside, my quilting is suffering and I so want to finish Sylvia's Sampler top. Oh well, a few rows at a time. My little boys need a good grooming and today I was able to get them both bathed at least. They are shaggy, but 'til next week, I hope to keep them clean and untangled. The garden? Well, the carrots are up as is everything else. It is a little early for a follow up picture since things are still so small, but soon I will post the progress. That is if I can keep the rabbits from devouring it. One night I happened to look outside and discovered a rabbit INSIDE the fenced garden! I quickly let the dogs out and the rabbit jumped through the fence. Our solution at the moment is a radio out there 24-7 and so far so good! But I am skeptical. Time will tell.

Tomorrow is the last quilt shop hop day and we plan to go to Estes Park and Lyons, again across the border to the state south of us. Yes, I will have my purse, my money, my phone and my plastic.

No comments: