Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Garden update

Just a quick update on my gardens.... Veggies are coming, slowly! Now that summer really seems to be here, the best thing for this stuff is the sun. So, the carrots, the lettuce, spinach, radishes, cauliflower, cabbages, broccoli, zucchini, turnips, beets, peas and cucumbers seem to be OK. However, the tomatoes, not so much! I do have more out front and they seem to be doing better. We will see! Also, I got more herbs today and some ground cover in addition to some perennial poppies - the orange ones. I am convinced that I need to put in only those plants which are pretty much native to our region. My wonderful neighbor gave me columbine, lovage, sedum, and lots of coral bells last fall in addition to some other plants. The coral bells are already blooming along with the columbine! I will have lots to share!

No comments: