Monday, July 18, 2011

Art of mother nature

A couple of nights ago when we were experiencing some of the thunder storms, ma nature decided to spare us with her teardrops and instead paint a picture in the east at sunset. I am always in awe at our Wyoming colors. Dad always called this "skyblue pink". It was his reply whenever as children, we asked what HIS favorite color was.
Lookie, lookie at my baby carrots aside some small turnips I harvested this morning. Actually I realized that I needed to thin the carrots again and these will be great in our salad for dinner. The turnips I scalded, blanched and froze in small pieces for that "bite" in a winter soup or stew.
Spencer is inspecting my paint color on this vintage set of metal lawn chairs. A few years ago I traded this set for a small chest of drawers. The swing was broken and it had many coats of paint on it. After stripping to the best of my ability and a repair job by the Mr. on the swing, they have followed me to each new location... 4 at this count for these pieces. I first painted them yellow, then they were blue and now.... well, apple green. That would make a total of about 10 coats in their lifetime. Reproductions are being made, but they are not as sturdy as these old babies and if they could talk! At any rate they look great on my back patio where I watch those great painted skies. I was raised with recycle, reuse, re purpose in mind, not because it was the right thing to do, but it was the only thing to do. Cloth hankies, napkins, towels, etc. So lawn furniture...you get another life.

No comments: