Friday, July 8, 2011

More kitchen renovation

The Mr. is beginning to cut away the drywall here where the wall will be removed! Pardon the spots, as this was a messy joy with particles flying everywhere.Drywall removed as well as the wall behind which the refrigerator sat.
More pictures to follow! But I am also getting prepared for my retreat at Elk Mountain next month. One of four projects planned is the one-room schoolhouse birdhouses which I began today. I have five partially assembled and yes...I am doing the sawing and glue and brads myself, except for having a board ripped by the Mr. I have 3 more to get to this point and then the roofs and bird holes, etc. Pictures next post. The second project is a teapot birdhouse and the next picture shows the pickets which will support the teapots.
We have large hollow logs which will become gnome homes after we make doors, windows and decorate. We also have been gathering materials for the roofs and I have the choice of using a copper bottom skillet or another combination of kitchen what-not with a smaller lid. The thrift shops were great places to search for these. Finally, we will be making lamps of sorts, one of which I posted earlier. Plates, saucers, cups and other electrical do dads will be assembled together, but I do need to have the Mr. help drill holes in the china pieces yet as this really is a two person job. We have had so much fun the past two summers staying at a beautiful cabin site and our host and hostess, especially the hostess, has made us feel so welcome.

No comments: