Saturday, July 30, 2011

Summer retreat

I may have posted this already... I am getting old and forgetful, but it is one of the projects in store for us at our Elk Mtn retreat next week! Many versions of this can be found on the Internet, but this is my own take of the teapot bird nesting box. I cut many pickets and gathered lots of teapots for this project. The pickets can then be attached to a post with a couple of screws. There is a big box of plates, saucers, and such with holes drilled (the Mr. did that for us) for the swag lamp we intend to make along with all of the electric components and I made 7 wooden birdhouses to paint and decorate. We have scrounged lids, and skillets etc. for the gnome homes which will be designed from large hollow log segments and those have been provided by our host and hostess.

This week was Frontier Days and for Cheyenne, the biggest week of the year. Our daughter was here to visit and although we were sad to see her leave, we sure enjoyed having her here. We did the antique shops and flea markets, saw a parade, the Indian dancers, the midway, had martini's and sushi tacos at Suite 1901, saw the Thunderbirds as they fly over our home when they perform. There was cheesecake with our neighbors and lots more. That is the main reason I have been away from my post.

Anyway I will post more after my "Sabbatical at Church Camp"... that's what the Mr. called it last week when it came to mind. It truly is a sabbatical though. 3 days and nights with "the girls" at the most scenic cabin (3 stories plus a smaller cabin) which has all the comforts of home, nestled beside a creek can hardly be called roughing it. In addition, our hostess cooks for us. We truly are blessed!

No comments: