Wednesday, July 3, 2019

First Day

This is the first day on our next chapter. I will not have a picture today but the past month has gone so fast that I struggle to know where I am or what day it is.  We had dinner last night with neighbors after we closed on our house and did business with the bank and moving company.  I didn’t have a chance to say Goodbye to some of my dear friends. That makes me upset with the situation although I am not able to do anything about that.  This morning started out with a near accident as a vehicle hit another at an intersection where we were stopped and came flying between our two vehicles. It just missed the front of my car.  We picked up the dogs from the kennel, said our farewells to those wonderful people and arrived in Rawlins at noon. I lunched with past coworkers, some I hadn’t seen in years, visited with the Mr.’s old coworker and camping couple, and we are meeting more friends tonight and tomorrow.  The realization that we may never see these friends again, most of whom we have known for over 40 years and became family, is now becoming apparent.

On the plus side, our daughter has done a lot of groundwork for us in contacting her realtor, got information about medical, dental, veterinary services and has graciously allowed us to move in with her and our son-in-law, until we can purchase a home.  For this we are very grateful.  We are blessed to have them.

Tomorrow’s our nation’s birthday. We need to cherish our freedom.



No comments: