Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Life is too short

Sometimes life seems too short to be able to accomplish all the things that drive your passions.  Our daughter has such a large yard and she has such dreams of things she wants to accomplish.  It can be mind boggling.  She has planted so much and has reworked parts of the yard, but because Mother Nature provides moisture to all green things, including weeds and invasive plants, it is a battle of sorts.  The ivy has overtaken a portion of the back yard and the borage flourishes and spreads so well, not to mention all of the berries and unknown "green" things.  I am afraid to pull anything as I am not familiar with the local "weeds".  Some are quite pretty. She has a great deal to do and little time.  In looking at the property we are buying (should close in less than two weeks now), my life will be too short I am afraid to have the gardens I would like.  We can't help it----I guess we were born to garden and I can blame my dad for that.  Both of our kids like to have lots of things growing.  Our plan was to downsize and we have done that for a part; at least the house is smaller, but not the yard.  For the most part it is in really great shape and doesn't have too much upkeep. 

Again, we took a walk through the Mission Creek Nature Park, the one here adjacent to Erica's property and found these "fungi".
 The middle one above was about 15" across and I hope the clip below gives a better idea of the size.  I can't begin to describe the size of the trees as they are immense. Last Friday, Jeffery took us to another nature park where we came upon two trees that had blown over next to the trail and I will post pictures of the root balls soon too.

"Life is too short to stuff a mushroom". --Shirley Conran 

No comments: