Wednesday, March 25, 2020

In "stay at home" mode

 With the ability to walk in my neighborhood as if nothing were wrong in the world, and having been used to staying home, it is difficult to comprehend the situation that faces our world today.  The beautiful cherry blossoms like the one across the street from my front lawn, and my snapdragons ready to bloom below aren't affected by most of what goes on around us.
 The snap dragons outside my front door have bloomed a little but are about ready to burst and they appear almost as if they are a bush.  Also, the rosemary has the most lovely blue blossoms.  I will trim it after it loses its blooms and as it is at least 3 feet tall, it really needs to be trimmed.
I have reactivated my FB page for the time being, but it will not be a priority for me.  I do not post pictures of people but may begin to post other snapshots.  My bucket list is so long that I stay busy.
There are so many things I want to do and although I brought some of my supplies for my hobbies, I could not bring all of my paints, sewing accessories, glass supplies etc. Not knowing how long things would be in storage, or even if they would ever arrive, I donated most of my supplies for art and crafting.  Now with everything closed, I find that the creative juices are flowing and I do not have access to what I would like to have.  I have then, been sorting and organizing what I do have and finishing UFO's which has kept me very busy and away from my tech devices.  As TV buffs, we have 4 of those which we can watch at the treadmill, in bed, at the sewing machine and in the living room. Purchasing ROKU boxes which are very small has opened up a whole new world and I have binge watching UTUBE or at least listening to it. I began starting a journal with some gals who have been making beautiful books of memories and we had just begun when we had to take this break now.  So I found some great segments on UTUBE and I spent this morning sorting out some items I have had packed and that began to get overwhelming. I also stopped to make some cookies for the Mr.  I am nearly finished with my IRISH CHAIN quilt top.  So this stay at home mode has not hampered me.


No comments: