Tuesday, March 31, 2020

New pics

 I had a request for pictures of this home. Most of my friends know this is house #10 for us as we bought and sold several as we began to think about retirement and eventually landed here.  The Mr. can do just about anything from plumbing to electrical to roofing and carpentry.  The last 2 were a custom built 2700 sq ft on 4 plus acres and river access near Saratoga Wy and a 3400 sq ft twin home in Cheyenne.  He wasn't allowed to cut holes in either of them as they did not need any work.  It was our intention to downsize and this home in Lacey WA was built in '79, a rental, and a little over 1600 sq ft.  Quite a change for us and in need of some work.  I previously mentioned the cupboards, so rather than take on the task of painting them, I opted to rough them up as in shabby chic or French Country; either way much easier and I love them.  Still needed is a seal coat which will be done later.  So below is the front side of the island and an example of what the doors and drawers appear now.  

I will continue to post more pictures of other areas in the future blogs.  In the mean time, we are still in the "stay at home" situation, but today is our daughter's birthday and I was able to make her a cake and we did take it to her.  

Today I did get out and walk in between rainy periods and the sun came out several times during the day.  No coat, no hat, no snow boots! Not even an umbrella!  Beautiful blooming trees and spring bulbs of all sorts. 

"Earth laughs in flowers" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


No comments: