Friday, March 6, 2020

Journaling?

 Oh my gosh!  It is still winter and see what is happening here in the northwest where I now call home. Back in Wyoming things are pretty cold and snowy. My allergies are kicking up as so very much is blooming and it is not Sagebrush or Cottonwood trees.  Trying to get used to different pollens, my nose is working in overdrive.  Aside from that, I am starting a new venture on serious journals.  Not having been very good in the past, I am now finding it something to do. With the guidance of someone with lots of experience I am so loving it.  She is someone I met at a shop here and she has lots of  has amazing journals.  Junk Journals have appealed to me as they lend a lot of area for creative outlet, but hers are so different.  They are wonderful!  The shop has a room which we can use and lots of free "stuff" as well as reasonably priced craft items that have been donated.  Today, another person came to join the "group" and has so much to contribute.  We all have knowledge in different and similar areas.  Mine will start with #1 as some memories in the last 20 years.  I have kept a few cards and newspaper clippings etc. - life before Washington. More about that later.
This is the rosemary plant just outside my front door and I also have some mint and some oregano.  You really cannot kill the oregano. I finished the Farmer's Wife quilt and delivered the Quilt of Valor to my neighbor.  I have a green and grey quilt that was started while we were staying with our daughter and son-in-law which, along with the black and white quilt, will be getting stitched now.

Our little dog Spencer went to the vet for his annual and needs his teeth cleaned.  He is nearly 13 (maybe even older) and I was concerned about having him put under for cleaning so the vet did all of his labs and guess he is PERFECT.  Really, she was also concerned, but everything came back in great shape sooooooo...he will get his teeth cleaned.  Sounds like he will outlive us at this state of the game.  Get ready kids!

"Journaling is like whispering to one's self and listening at the same time." ~ Mina Murray

No comments: