Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Birdbath Repair

OK we will see how this goes. The photo above shows clearly the larger crack on the underside of the casting through which the paint originally leaked. And the lower photo is where I used the outdoor type of caulking. Cross your fingers and I will let you know if it leaks.
To those of you who frequent Erica's blog, thank you for the encouragement. Carrie......age is a state of mind at this point in my life and my mind is much younger than my body. Call me Pat as Mrs. M reminds me so of those days I was school secretary. I could write a book!!! One day a sweet little girl came in from the playground and said "Mrs. Mulherin someone just said the F word." I asked her is she knew what the F word was and she said "yes, it's FART".

I will try to check on as many of your blogs as I can. One of my next projects is to assemble 3 or 4 clay flower pots of graduated sizes from large to small and paint like a lighthouse. On the top one, a solar light is placed. I have a group of 4 friends who craft and paint with me, in addition to the group of gals that I teach decorative painting. We have the lights, just need to get the pots. Living in rural Wyoming limits the ability to shop for a good many things, but it gives one the chance to take a road trip to the real cities. The nice people from DHL, UPS, and FedEx also find us with lots of goodies which can be ordered with a little piece of plastic. 75 lbs of clay arrived a couple of weeks ago and I intend to give my kiln a run for it's money. (hand-made tiles for my kitchen and bath I hope)

I truly believe that rules stifle creativity, so most of mine comes from the seat of my pants...no directions, just dive in. Erica gave me credit for being more creative, but I assure you all that both she, and her brother Michael, are multi-talented. So don't be afraid to color outside the lines. It really is OK!!!

No comments: