Monday, August 20, 2007

Little ol' lady from Pasadena (not)



Ok, it's not Pasadena, but isn't she cute? This is Lucy (Teal Lucille). The Mr. and I spent nearly 3 days puttin' this all together...mostly the Mr. but believe me, it was a test of our marriage. Really, this stuff is worse than hanging wallpaper. It is super sticky and the instructions indicated that you couldn't let it fall back on itself or you'd be orderin' a new piece and it's purdy pricey!!! But those people of my generation can relate to it and I have been told by more than one, I need a surfboard on top. Worse than that, my good friend Paul, told me I needed an IRONING board, not a surf board. (wouldn't that be cool) We had a lot of snow last winter to I guess a snowboard would be in order wouldn't it.

My good buddy, Barb, and I made our annual trek to Colorado to spend a few days with our friend Pat, and get our fix...our shopping, dessert, yard sale and Parade of Homes fix. We left on Wed early and came home Sun afternoon. For years, we have toured the Parade of Homes in Denver and surrounding areas. This year it was in Aurora and the homes, always impressive, range in price from 1.6 to 2.8 million or there about. We had a great time, but I took pictures of the Dog houses...yep, the dog houses. Will post those pictures tomorrow. We were busy from beginning to end and would have like to see more people, but we always get sidetracked.

I am off to visit some blogs and appreciate the comments. Surfs up!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That turned out cool.

Unknown said...

It looks great. Is that some sort of car decal kit or did you use contact paper? Is it only good until the first big rain?

Pat said...

Karan, the kit is a sort of decal kit, but it is super sticky and we had a few wrinkles. It is 20 times worse than hanging wall paper. I was afraid it would blow off.

Anonymous said...

I liked the Ironing Board idea