Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Cookies

Yummy!! Every so ofter the Mr. gets a hankerin' for cookies. He spent the better part of the day on the roof scraping and painting a primer on the trim boards. We own a stucco home, but it has a lot of wood trim detail and hasn't been painted in a gazillion years. We have lived here 3.
The wind blew like crazy and he is a little bit wary of high places. He deserves cookies!!!
These are peanut butter and I think the recipe is from Martha.

I changed the recipe a little bit by using half shortening and half butter. In case I am wrong about the source here is the recipe:
1 cup of butter, 1 cup of granulated sugar, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda and 2 cups of flour. Pretty simple. Cream butter, peanut butter, sugars together and add vanilla and eggs. Mix well and slowly add dry ingr. Roll into 1 inch balls and flatten with a fork on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly on sheet before removing to a rack. Makes 50 to 100 cookies, depending on size.

In getting ready for my first painting class for the fall, and wanting a nice fall project, I found a pattern for cute Halloween bells using 4 inch flower pots. NOT available here!! But thanks to a future student, I found a source for recycled corn husk flower pots. With one phone call, I was able to secure at least 40 of these and since I am trusting that they will suffice and perhaps be even better than clay pots, we will venture over the Snowy Range to Laramie tomorrow. There is a greenhouse/nursery there that carries these. Wish me luck and I will post the results.

No comments: