Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Horseshoe update

Just a short post to let all see how the sheep wagon and sheep turned out. Realizing that the surface is rough, and rusty and only 5/8ths to 3/4ths of an inch wide, I hope it will please the owner. I am not exactly sure what she is expecting. Trying to interpret another's ideas onto a canvas is not always easy. Below are closer images.

It would be of some help if I were a better photographer. Not my forte. Worked all morning in the garden and am just about ready for winter...mulched, dead-headed and weeded.

One of the interests I have is building birdhouses. Although I have been collecting "goodies" all year to embellish these creations, I have not had the time to construct any new ones. I have lots from past creative moments and more ideas in my head for these rustic abodes. One such house sits on my window box ledge out front and was constructed from a yard lantern piece which had a collision with a tree limb. (Never throw these treasures away). For the last 2 summers I have had families of swallows move in and raise young babies. Mind you, this house sits not even 3 feet from the ground and the shelf affords my cat as well as the neighborhood cats a prime perching place. How these birds manage to swoop down and avoid being slapped out of mid air by the prowling felines, baffles me. I need to do some repair work on this house and will post a picture of the before and after. It is in pretty sad shape. Live each day as if it were your last..especially if you are a swallow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Dad that next time he buys a camera you need one with a macro feature. That is essential for close-ups of detail work. Your camera may have one, but I doubt it.

Pat said...

Actually it does. I just forgot to use it I guess. Sorry