Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Garden

A walk through my garden brings me happiness!!! (Mainly because I have defeated those garden gods who plot against the high garden enthusiasts like me trying so desperately to grow anything other than sage brush and Russian thistle.) Mornings are getting crisp and the threat of frost creeps ever so close. When I acquired this garden area it was nothing but a blank canvas...not totally blank mind you. There was the ever present bind weed and other un-named species not found in the flower books along with a few wheel barrows full of rocks. But looky now!!
Above blue morning glories and tansy and below more morning glories. I belong to a garden club, but discovered after joining that it doesn't really fit my gardening style.
Enough of that!! I have a wonderful group of students who supported my attempts to teach a decorative painting class here last fall. They are so much fun. Sooo, with fall coming and the days getting shorter and the fact that we are miles from civilization, time has come to gather the flock. Trina, get your butt back here soon!! Trina's mom Debby and I had coffee today and we determined our schedule. Debby is my support system in this venture in that she provides the most perfect place to paint. The room is large, with each gal having her own table and the lighting is amazing. I am hoping to do a mosaic class or two and will post some of these projects.
"Art washes away from the soul, the dust of every day life."--Picasso

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Pat said...

Thanks dear!