Friday, November 9, 2007

Food

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I am drooling over all of the recipes I am finding in the multitude of magazines which inhabit every corner of my home. I just have such a difficult time pitching them and have some favorites which will go with me to my grave. (or where ever I go when that time comes) I always cook for that holiday and we have dear friends, and this year, family to join us. Yeah!! When I was at Erica's, she made a wonderful squash soup that was "to die for". And this was on her old one burner stove. Check her site as she has posted the picture of her wonderful new cooktop. We also went to brunch with Karan who is a blogger, and found Erica's site before she moved to Olympia. Thank you Karan for befriended my daughter!! And we(E & J & I) went to a Mexican restaurant the last night I was there. There were other meals out at great dives so FOOD is always high on my priority list also.

On a really sad note--our aspen alley is dying. To quote an article in our local paper last week.... "Aspen Alley is one of the places being affected by a phenomenon which scientists believe is caused when drought weakens elderly trees, making them susceptible to several diseases, aspen bark beetles and wood borers." Most of these trees are elderly, more than 100 years old. We have some talented photographers and realizing that never again in our lifetime, will anyone get another fall picture of this area, (at least as spectacular as the past ones), the Mr. and I decided that we needed one. I was able to get a beautifully framed photo this weekend and it hangs in a place of honor in our living room wall next to the fireplace.

We are headed to Cheyenne for a weekend of frivolity. Well, serious stuff for the Mr. He is playing in a pool tournament, but I am off for flea markets, shopping, and food, food, food.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very happy to have met Erica! Thanks for growing such a fine daughter and I'm glad to have met you too!!