Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!

I have been so busy!!! I have pictures to download and a list a mile long. Time is just whizzing by me. With Thanksgiving just around the corner and friends and relatives coming to help eat the gobbler, I haven't decided how yet to fix the ol' bird. I watched Martha making a brine this week and think I will do that. I did make a cranberry bar recipe (and I can't even remember where I got the recipe), which is absolutely to die for I think. Cream 1 cup butter with 2 cups of sugar, add 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp almond extract and 4 eggs. Mix well and to that add 2 cups flour and 1/2 tsp baking powder. Ad 1 cup of chopped fresh or frozen cranberries and bake in an oiled or greased 9x12 pan at 350 for 25-30 min. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cool. Yummy!

The Mr. played in a pool tournament in Cheyenne this weekend and didn't make it very far into the competition, but had a good time. I shopped and met my sister and her daughter and granddaughter and ate way too much. Food has become foremost in my mind with the holidays upon me. My favorite time of the year so we will eat and eat and eat some more and gobble, gobble, gobble up all of the leftovers.

No comments: