Wednesday, November 28, 2007

power shopping

OK, no pictures today as I am posting on my new IMAC and we are still trying to figure everything out.  I had some pics on my old computer, but not everything has been transferred.  My very good friend, Barb and I embarked on our annual power shopping trip Black Friday.  For over 30 years, since Erica was a baby, we have done our holiday shopping together.  Crowds? Not a problem. Lines? Not a problem. When you live in the outback, any chance to mingle with civilization  is an adventure.  What has changed is that now, thanks to all of the technology that we attach to our bodies, we are but a finger's touch from anyone.  We get calls from family and friends asking to pick up "this or that" if we can find it.  They know we love the challenge. We got great bargains, had great food and spent time with dear friends and family members who so graciously put us up.  Thank you Ruth and Pat.  We did have a tire repair (a large screw had the nerve to embed itself in my tire) which caused a little delay on our trip back on Monday, but the shop was close to shopping and food, and the tire repair guys were feeling generous I guess.  We weren't charged for the repair.  All of the red and green decorations and the music have put me in the spirit of the season so with the turkey bones in the freezer it is time to start the Christmas cookies.

No comments: