Friday, May 15, 2009

Glass and gardening

As promised the lamp shade...still a work in progress! If you look closely, you will see the two cross bars which will accommodate both the wiring and the hanger. There is still yet another brown border and a green border which will be on the top. I am still trying to locate the brass trim for the bottom perimeter, so it will be taking a little longer than I expected. Now the other exciting item is that the shredder/chipper arrived! All of the branches and juniper bushes and leaves and other debris which is piled in the back yard is now destined for a trip through this machine. The Mr. spent most of today with some of the larger stuff and it is evident that it will take some time to get the mulching done. However, after today, I am loving the results and cannot wait to start spreading it on the gardens. I did get a few veggies planted and a few flower seeds in and my buddy and I plan to spend tomorrow getting more plants. We have two really big plant sales...the local garden club has a sale at the Botanical Gardens and the Master Gardeners has one at the Historic Depot. In addition, there are several other plant sales happening. My birthday is this coming week and the Mr. is celebrating by letting me buy my plants. Easy for him and I get what I want. (Plus he promised to frost a cake for me.) We got our health fair results back and I had the best results ever!!! Good thing too as I have a lot of livin' to do!!

No comments: