Thursday, May 28, 2009

Spencer Blue

The little bundle of gray fluff is Spencer Blue. He is a rescue dog from the many that have been given new leases on life. Thanks to the kind souls like his "Mom" who has introduced us, these throw-away dogs are still with us. After we lost Murphy, the beagle, we all had an empty place in our hearts and home, even the cat I think. I won't go into the details now of his rescue home, but will at a later date. Our adoption is not yet final, but he has become attached to "Hildy" and is her shadow, a role which she has come to accept. He is a young dog, a "so called designer dog", Mini Assie/ Shih-Tzu mix I have been told. He was to be euthanized before being rescued. He is absolutely the sweetest dog, but spent the first year or so in a crate so never had a puppy life and he has not been socialized. We will work on that as well as teaching him to have a lot more fun. He seems to be very calm and slept with me last night. We took him for a ride today, which he loved! When he wasn't looking out the window, he was sleeping. I will continue to update as we have had him in our home only 24 hours.

The lamp is finished and hung. It was not as simple to hang and wire as we thought! IT NEVER IS! But it is really pretty and I am happy with it. I will post more pictures as I took a ton, trying to get it in it's best light.

No comments: