Monday, December 19, 2011

On the next day of Christmas?

 This is Hildy watching a neighbor's cat watching a squirrel watching a flock of birds at a bird feeder across the street.  Notice that she is sitting in Spencer's bed! The squirrel escaped the cat, but managed to get a full tummy of birdseed before he left.  This is only the 2nd squirrel I have seen in this neighborhood since we have been here, but I bet he will be back now that Christmas breakfast is being served daily.


This is a table topper that I made and quilted for a friend for Christmas.  It actually turned out pretty well.  Last night we did the Christmas light tour.  I had taken a trolley tour a couple of nights earlier so knew where the BEST tacky light displays were.  One place here had 80,000 lights with a Dec. electric bill of about $600.00.
So much for conserving electricity, but I love, love, these displays.  It so reminds me of my childhood.  We had a very sparse tree with only a few lights, but we did drive around and look at other displays and it was always a thrill for a small child.  The children on the tour I took were so in awe at some of the lights.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

You always make such nice quilted items. Merry Christmas!