Thursday, April 2, 2020

More kitchen and memories

 So I am continuing with more snaps of the house.  Had to improvise for the coffee area and the microwave.  Miss the under range hood kind, but small means you adapt.  Thank goodness for the built in storage here.  Had to downsize to one set of dinnerware and left china and silver at Cow Creek with new owner there.  But with two of us, it works.  The little bit of upper cupboards in the kitchen require a step stool for me as I am short on one end.  Well one might say I am short on both ends.  Never mind.
 We had a formal dining room before so that meant leaving one table and I chose the larger one here.  Ginger, can you see the antlers that you sent?  Above are some of the rolling pins I have collected and below some of the pig cutting boards.  I kept finding them in Cheyenne at yard sales and people would tell me either they or sons made them in shop class.  Then I met a gal who told me her dad made hers and he was the shop teacher who taught kids to make them as a class project.  Needles to say, I paid just a little more for that one as I had to have it.  More will show up on mySaturday post.
Memories~~~~I got a call this am from a dear friend in Colo.  You have probably heard this before but we met when our husbands were stationed in San Diego in 1966.  I left her this summer when I moved and miss her so much. Time before last when I saw her she had been in an accident at the state line leaving our home in Cheyenne and ended in the hospital there with a broken pelvis.  She was in the hospital 10 days there and I saw her every day until she went home back to Colorado.   We have been through so much together since 1966.  I could write a book, but most of the memories are wonderful.  She lost her husband a few years ago, but through the joys and tragedies we have remained close.  During this time of trial, I am reminded of the many blessings I have as the number of friends I have made along my journey still stay in touch.  Hooray for technology!

"How beautiful is it to be alive!" ~ Henry Septimus Sutton


No comments: