Wednesday, September 2, 2009

TV Stand

Picture this stand all black. I intended to document the transformation of this garage sale purchase of Sal's as we went through the steps, but old age is chasing me faster than my brain will travel. Instead, here is the finished piece, minus the shelves, which are being given a 2nd coat. Hope you can see the crackle finish well enough and if you click on the picture, it should enlarge it for better viewing. Sal cut the motif from a wall paper border which encircles her room near the ceiling. It also matches her sofa and love seat and the storage boxes in the background. We think it looks great and are pleased with the outcome.

She has a neighbor who is renovating the house next door and I noticed earlier this summer that the yard is quite overgrown. Among the foilage near the alley were several yucca plants. Since we are trying to put native plants in our yard and since we have such a large yard, I thought some yucca would be OK. I was there last evening and asked her if she though he would let me have one. She said she would ask when she saw him.
Tonight as she came home from work she was shocked to see the yucca gone. (They have been there for years.) She saw him and he told her they were in the dumpster!! We could have all we wanted. He helped her pull a clump out and she put them in her trunk, strapped the trunk closed and brought the huge cluster to me. Yeah!!!
Beg, borrow, steal. Well, beg maybe. Reuse, recycle,--whatever. My yucca garden will be named "Sally's Succulents". I finished my veggie garden sign today, except for a little more paint on the trim. It reads "Peter Rabbit's Bed and Breakfast''. Now if I just had a veggie garden. I am not sure a few tomatoes, some overgrown lettuce and a couple of herbs qualifies as a veggie garden, but this was my first year with some very poor garden soil, so I plan to do better next year.

Stay tuned for more garden news and I am just about finished with my Venetian Tiles quilt and the teacup chandelier is up. I need to grout the birdhouse and pictures will be forthcoming!

"Happiness walks on busy feet." ~ Kittie Turmell

No comments: