Monday, May 18, 2020

40th Anniversary

 It's not my anniversary, but it is the 40th anniversary of the eruption of Mt. St. Helen and I was living in Rawlins and it was my birthday.  The thing is that we really didn't have a real concept of what it was to those residents living as close as I now do.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be my home.  But what really happened back then and there was that my family, husband and kids forgot my birthday.  They had never forgotten it before.  The news was all about Washington and we were even having ash fall on our state.  We all laugh about it now and they have NEVER have forgotten it since.  With all that is still taking place, I have spaced out some very important birthdays this month.  I did remember my son's, but I forgot two very dear friends, and there are numerous nieces and nephews and we have not been out to even see the card section of the grocery stores so I just have not looked at my calendar.  Shame on me!  
 We only go out twice a month for groceries and occasionally at 6:00 a.m. for home improvement items so when I got up today, this was my birthday card from the Mr.  It was so sweet! He taped it to the television.  It is on the fritz so we cannot turn it off, we just turn down the volume.  He did get me my lawn chairs for the deck and backyard, which I so desperately wanted. We had no place to sit outside and we also got a grill.  I was 35 when the Mt. Helen erupted so do the math.
The other two pics are of more rhododendrons from the park visit last week.  My neighbor has given me two ferns, 3 lavender plants, and some ground cover...I spent most of yesterday and this morning working in the back yard so I got all of the plants in and I am sure he will find more to pawn off on me.  We have great neighbors!

No comments: