Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Where's the beef?

As always, when we trek out, it is early in the morning.  The big box stores and grocery are open by 6 or 7 if they are not open 24 hrs and most have discontinued that for stocking.  Today was a big purchase day for us other than groceries twice a month.  We got a grill finally for the back deck...now if we can only get beef.  It seems there is now a shortage of that and I can testify to that as last week we could only get ground beef...no roasts or steaks.  Because we didn't know where we would be living, we opted not to bring anything except essentials.  The Mr. has been so busy installing things this home needed.  We bought a screen door for the back door and we needed a storage pantry in the garage and there was no railing going down into the garage.  The door is in, the railing is in and the pantry is nearly finished.  He is a good man.  

Above the ladder and the chair that my daughter gave me now hold flowers and birdhouses.  Our backyard is getting a makeover and I bought 2 hostas today for the shaded backyard.  It is raining today, only a drizzle and cloudy, but I did get my walk in.  

I am so anxious to get to a Goodwill so I can start my totems and bird baths and I think they are finally accepting donations so that may not be too much longer.


No comments: