Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day

 This was the first Mother's Day in many years since I was able to spend a Mother's Day with a child of mine.  Although she is not a child any more, my daughter and her husband are terrific.  I was given a dozen red roses, an Arona (chokecherry) bush for the back yard which reminds us of our homes in Wyoming, and an old chair for my backyard and some plants and yeast. (I cannot find yeast here yet for baking) So I was happy to get that too. We are still in the "stay at home and a safe distance from others", but we were still able to see them and they took us to a Rhododendron park and we strolled through leisurely in awe of the beauty.  The park is rather secluded and not advertised at all.  There will be more pictures to follow and perhaps a little history of the park later.
 Some of the blossoms were much larger than our hands and nearly as big as a dinner plates.  Spectacular colors and well maintained pathways, it was such an enjoyable walk.  Then my neighbor brought me a beautiful fern to put in a pot I have in the back yard.  
Happy Mothers Day and wash your hands.

"Flowers are sunshine, food and medicine to the soul."~ Luther Burbank

No comments: