Friday, April 24, 2020

A Sad Day

I was hoping to get back on track with my blog, but yesterday was a sad day for us.  Above, Roger on the left and Spencer on the right were sleeping peacefully in their beds when I snapped this.  These little guys had been with us since the spring of 2009 as adult rescue dogs back then.  Unfortunately, we lost Roger a few months ago and we sadly said goodbye to Spencer yesterday.  Anyone with fur kids know how much joy they can bring and we were so blessed with these two little guys.  We found a wonderful home for our cat, Coalette before we left Cheyenne in July, but she had been diagnosed later with a tumor and she was lost to all of us, including the terrific guy who adopted her.  So since July, all three have gone to pet heaven.  There is a void today in our lives.

"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." ~

1 comment:

Debbie Baldwin said...

Pat, I’m so sorry to hear about your fur baby. They are our children.

We’re doing pretty well here. I’ve heard from Everyone except Rose since the quarantine began. I’m going to be calling her in the next few days. We’ve seen Jeannie a few times from the car. She doesn’t dare go out, so we’ve brought her some groceries, soups and casseroles and other things. She seams to be weathering it well. I think everyone is going a little stir crazy. I’ve been helping both CHQ and Civic League make masks. It seems to be an endless job.

The weather has been cool and it’s supposed to start warming up this week, to the high 70’s. My tulips are all coming up. I’m so happy t9 see flowers.

We all miss you. Enjoy the moss.