Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Trip to buy food

 So more below about the trip to the store, but I promised more pictures so most of my friends know that I repurpose, reuse and recycle most everything. Above is a trunk that I picked up at a thrift store years ago and below, except for the clock, all are acquired.  The sled, a gift from a friend, the sewing box made by an uncle 100 years ago and given to me by an aunt.  The quilt rack...a $5.00 purchase from a friend and the table was found in a garage by my mother-in-law and given to me in the 70's.

This is the livingroom now although the entire room, kitchen included is one large room.  We love the coziness. Again, all accessories are thrifted or given to me. 

At 6:00 am we went to Walmart as we hadn't been out in nearly 3 weeks and our larder was nearly empty.  We wore masks and each took a cart.  Except for toilet paper (we have plenty), we were able to find everything on our list. We didn't have to wait to get in and were able to travel aisles with everyone distancing.  These hours were for the older generation.  Only at checkout was there an issue.  The money drawers hadn't been installed yet so the wait was a little longer there, and there was a line but really, it was not bad.  The Mr. had the list so we did get some duplicate items, but nothing perishable so this was the only purchase on our credit cards this month so far.  It was however, a doozy!  Then came the matter of washing everything and disinfecting everything.  Our daughter had ordered on line and went to pickup last week.  Her complaint was that the produce was not very good and there were some substitutions.  We did make some, but they were our choice.  The Mr. is going to mow the lawn this afternoon and I will go for a walk as the weather is really nice.  So everyone stay safe & 6 ft away. 

"I accidentally went grocery shopping on and empty stomach and now I am the proud owner of aisle 4."  

No comments: