Saturday, April 11, 2020

Easter weekend

 Above is the finished light fixture that my daughter made. She had never tried cutting glass, but knew that she wanted to make this which was similar to one she had seen.  Cutting the butterflies, foiling and soldering was not a problem, but we struggled trying to fix them to the shade and then, she discovered that the glass was heavier than we thought about, so getting them balanced was another issue.  He husband helped her install it and she just sent me a picture.  She did a great job. 
 I didn't get a photo of my pig cutting boards which now hang in our large room which encompasses the kitchen/living area.  I have a total of 13 now.  They are my Easter pigs.  Below I spent some time pulling quilt squares out which have not gotten into quilts.  I decided to put them in rows and will make one quilt from all of these orphan squares.  I have more and will get to them eventually. 
One thing that has given us a bit of pleasure this week is watching our squirrels.  I know that they can be destructive, but the Mr. has been feeding a few peanuts to our regular visitors.  I posted a photo earlier of a squirrel that frequents us and gets her 3 peanuts from the bark of a tree just a few feet from out deck.  She has started to come onto the deck and watches for us through our full length glass door.  Yesterday we noticed that she is a new mom as we could see that she is nursing babies.  It is very apparent from the tummy view that we get when she sits up with her paws folded under her chin.  We watched her earlier when she was carrying white fluffy stuffing in her mouth to a tree which someone was providing her for nesting material.  For the longest time, we couldn't figure that out.  It looked like she had a marshmallow in her mouth, but now we are finding bits of it with nesting material in our lawns. 

So in this time of not being able to socialize this Easter weekend, I will not forget how very blessed I am and my wish for all is to be safe and remember those who are not.  

No comments: